FISD is a global neutral forum that has served the financial information industry for more than 20 years. Our 150+ global member companies recognize that market data distribution and efficient trade execution require a high level of consistent and predictable service — all of which are dependent on the close cooperation of many independent organizations and systems. Industry stakeholders support FISD as the forum of choice to identify and resolve the business and technical issues that affect the administration, distribution, and utilization of market data.
The FISD agenda encompasses the wide range of commercial, technical, and regulatory issues that face the financial information industry. The specific events, working groups, and activities that FISD offers will change over time in response to member needs and the changing business environment, but key subject areas include:
- Commercial policies for market and reference data
- Legal an contractual issues
- Market data administration – data permissioning, usage reporting, billing, and auditing
- Legislative and regulatory developments that affect the creation and usage of financial information
- Real-time data processing and connectivity
- Indexes – the creation, distribution, and usage of index information
- Communications, product management, and service delivery practices
- Data standards and best practices
- Data management
- Intellectual property issues and data piracy
- Human resources, organizational, and professional development
Visit www.FISD.net for more information.
FISD is a division of the Software and Information Industry (SIIA), the principal trade association for the software and digital content industry. Learn more about SIIA at www.SIIA.net.